This is the project I did for Iron Craft challenge #2. I have seen pictures of painted shoes and checked out a few different tutorials (all with different techniques and results). So I did a combination of stuff and here is the process I used to make these shoes.
Materials & tools
- Blank ugly shoes
- Mod Podge
- Foam brush
- Spray paint
- Acrylic paint in contrasting color
- Duct tape or masking tape (I used both)
- Tape the wedges or any area that you do not want to be painted
- Then stuff those shoes! That way they keep there shape while painting
- Next break out the Mod Podge! Pain all over the shoes, then let them dry for a few hours. This step prevents the paint from bleeding through the shoes.
- Next Spray paint them kicks! I put them in an old cardboard box then sprayed (this kept the paint contained in one area)
- After I let them dry I thought these need a bit more pizazz, so I decided to add some tips. I measured about a few inches from the point and then covered it with some masking tape
- I used some acrylic paint for the tips and did a few coats. Peel the tape off when done painting because if you wait for the paint to dry completely some of it may come off with the tape!
- I let them dry overnight and ta - da look at my fabulous new shoes!