If you are planning a big shin-dig for the Day of the Doctor, then you festivities will not be complete unless you have a TARDIS. This is after all the Doctor's preferred method of transport! Here is how you can put together a simple TARDIS that won't break the bank.
Materials & Tools
- 2 PVC pipe measuring 6ft
- 1 PVC pipe measuring 38 inches
- 4 PVC pipe measuring 12 inches
- 4 PVC caps
- 2 PVC shaped t-shaped connectors
- 2 PVC curves
- Blue butcher paper (or blue table cloth)
- Black and white paper
- Computer & printer
- Gather all of your pvc supplies and begin assembling them. Refer to the pictures! I will describe as best I can but I think the pictures will help you the most!
- Bottom pieces:
- Take 2 of the 12 inch pvc pipes and t-shaped connector. Place each of the 12 inch pvc pieces on each end of the connector.
- Repeat this step so you have two!
- Take the two 6 feel pvc pipes and insert them into the t-shaped connector of your bottom pieces
- Next take the 38 inche pvc pipe and place a corner connection on each end. Then attach it to the top of your already assembled structure.
- Your almost there! Keep it laying down flat and wrap it with paper. If you don't have paper that is big enough you can use a blue vinyl table cloth (they are in the party section of most stores)
- swivel the bottom peices and slowly turn your structure right side up
- Now you are ready for details! I used card stock and my silhouette machine, so its really up to you what you how you want to decorate your TARDIS. You can print a lot of them out and that helps!
- Enjoy! It makes a fun background for a photo booth!