Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Year of the Cupcake....

So for February's cupcake it has been a two shot deal. I made these awesome Crumb cake cup cakes. It was also really simple. I made the crumb mixture (brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour) Then I made some yellow cake. When putting them in the cupcake tins I put a tablespoon of the crumb mixture two tablespoons of yellow cake then another tablespoon of the crumb mixture again. They came out pretty perfect, with an an arch on top. (my usually cupcakes arch but then deflate!) After they cooled down I sprinkled some confectioners sugar over them. Timbo gave it a big thumbs up.
In the spirit of Valentines day I wanted to make some delicious chocolate cupcakes. Last week we had a snow day so I figured it was a good time to bake. It was a bit difficult to make and mix considering I was using my own two hands! (I am going to once again take a crack and challenging recipies once I get a mixer.) Those chocolate ones came all right. Meh. I topped them with some cream cheese frosting (which is heavenly!)
In non-cupcake bloggin... I have successfully silk screened my first print! Wanna see...
I figured that I should tape the sides next time because as you can see some of the ink seamed threw and made a little border. Its ok though. I still love it. I am going to add some more stuff to it. (embroidery and stuff like that)
Aside from silk screening I am working on some knitting. (making some sweet hats) I also went to the comic book store checking out some stuff. I always love there section of art books and drawing books. It made me miss drawing....so I got this book...So far its pretty good and some really good exercises. I have some other drawing books but they are just blah blah blah blah and expect you to be a brilliant artist after chapter one. This one is great and good for someone like me that loves drawing but has lost their way.
That is all for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...