Thursday, December 13, 2012

Countdown to Christmas!!!!

This year the Christmas season has been pretty easy going. I think thats because it is my first year not having to worry about finals... I get to actually enjoy the season! I have even had some time to catch up on some craft projects!

I made this main organizer because I am getting really tired of huge mail piles. I bought burlap fabric with vintage skeleton keys at Joann's. I didn't have a project in mind for it but I just really wanted it so boom, impulse buy. I put this together on a canvas we had laying around and viola! It came out pretty snazzy looking. I am in the midst of creating a tutorial for it, so look out for that soon! 



I have also been trying new types of crafts at work. Recently I did a craft with youngin's (ages 2 - 3) we  used shaving cream and food coloring to make a really neat marble effect when mixed on a paper plate. You then lay a piece of paper flat on top, then wipe away the shaving cream. I had some wintery type shapes for them to slap on it. I called it snowscapes. It wasn't as messy as I thought. Here is how my sample came out.


Getting back to Christmas fun time! I was excited to get my latest Whimsey box that was chock full of gift wrapping items! I also got a bunch of ribbon from my mother in law, which has been going to good use. I have been using brown packing paper to create my own wrapping paper. I have those sharpies left over form my mug craft and used those to make some fun whimsical wrapping paper. I think I got the wrapping thing down this year and proud of my skills! Here are the presents under our tree so far. 



I mentioned the mugs earlier and I got a bunch more for some customized christmas presents. I am working on a mustache for my friend fond of facial hair, Margaret and one for my sea cow loving friend Laura. I hope she will enjoy some mana-tea with it! 


Also don't forget about my friend Michele and her epic giveaway for the entire month of December! Go check it out at Short Girl, Long Island


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...