Some of nerdo friends, a few of them came over the other night and we had ourselves a little craft night. It seems that since a lot of people are still in school and the hurricane it has thrown a lot of things off. So after going the whole month of November with out a craft night, I called Michele and said 'girl we gotta meet up.' I had the idea of making possible Christmas gifts, because you know...tis the season.
|Michele perfecting mugtastic-ness|
So we sat in my craft dungeon, waiting for some idea to come to us. We were on our iPhones waiting for inspiration to hit when I mentioned possibly doing something Harry Potter related like a snitch or a lightening bolt. Morgan suggested that I make his face. I really like the idea of drinking coffee out of Harry Potter's head, so I went for it! Morgan sketched out some tree branches while Michele went for some funky ass shapes. It was fun making them and just chatting with the gals. After we were done we baked those bad boys in the oven. Here are the results!
The next morning I made use of Potter mug. It made coffee taste all the more magical! I also plan on making another trip to the dollar store and stocking up on more mugs because I think these are going to be everyones christmas presents this year (to those that read the blog, act surprised!) I'll even get some hot cocoa or K-Cups and stick in the little muggles (get it? Potter humor)
If you want to make your own here is what I did to make them. I followed the instructions from this blog I mentioned earlier (the Sweetest Occasion)
Materials & Tools
Materials & Tools
- White ceramic mug
- An array of sharpie markers
- Clean those mugs good! I used soap, water and a bit of windex
- Think of something super neato to put on your mug
- Start drawing your design. Its ok if you make a mistake! Break out that windex and wipe away the oops.
- Now you can bake 'em! DO NOT PRE-HEAT! The ceramic is very sensitive to temperature. So stick them in the over THEN turn the over to 350 *
- Set a timer for 30 minutes. After the timer is done, turn the oven off let' the mugs cool.
- Then enjoy!
- F.Y.I. best not to put them in the dishwasher or microwave