For these craft nights at Crazy Beans I have been trying to think of things that would be useful and cohesive with the cafe theme. Our first project was perfect, we did mugs. I have been back since then and was glad to use customers using some of the mugs we had made! This time around I thought coasters would be appropriate. I had done these a while back with Michele and I also used a whimsey box to make some. Here is what some of the madness looked like!
This is a pretty simple project, and here is a quick little how to:
Materials & Tools
- 4 x 4 white tile (gloss or matte finishes work)
- Hot glue gun
- scrap paper
- tissue paper
- washi tape
- Mod Podge
- foam brush
- Enamel spray
- Use your hot glue gun and attach some felt to the bottom of the tile. This step helps prevent the tile from scratching up your table! You can also use cork.
- Take your scrap paper, tissue paper and washi tape and arrange how every you would like. You can also print out pictures to use. Go nuts, have fun!
- Once your stuff is arranged how you like take your foam brush and mod podge over your images on the tile. Let it dry for a few minutes.
- After your coaster has dried a little bit take it outside (or a well ventilated area) and spray a few coats. Let it dry for at least a day before using it.