Thursday, June 20, 2013

Iron Craft Challenge 12 - Picnics

Iron Craft Challenge #12 was all about going on a picnic and was hosted by Elle's New England Kitchen. We were tasked with making something perfect for an outing. I made some pickles...behold! 


A while back I saw that my friend Tyler started making pickles. After trying some of the ones he had made I decided to give it a try. Since all the farms in Riverhead are now open, we took a short ride to one of my favorites, Lewin's Farms. We always end up getting massive amounts of produce for real cheap. So I stocked up on a supply of cucumbers and got to work!

I followed this recipe from Food 52. Its quite simple, all you need are your cucumbers, a big jar and some spices. You mix it all up and let it sit in the fridge for 24 hours. They tasted really good. Garlic dill are my favorite kind of pickles and I'm not sure if its a good or bad that now I know how to make massive amounts in a short amount of time.

I'm excited about challenge 13 - the Eye of the Needle. Sewing! I have been so caught up with my beloved silhouette machine that my sewing projects have been put aside. After making some pretty amazing wall art and home decor stuff, I'm looking forward to getting back behind the needle!

Another delay in craftiness has been work. I love/hate this time of year. I love seeing all of my little friends that have been busy throughout the school year, I love seeing the library buzzing with a flurry of activity and I love decorating the place. However its also quite tiring. The past week I've been so worn out after getting out of work. But its worth it and I love it. Here is a peak at an awesome bulletin board I made.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...