Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Craft Night: Mason Jar Lanterns

Before I talk about Crafty Night, I just wanted to share that I was featured on the blog, What a Nerd Girl Says. Go check it out!



My favorite time of the month is Craft Night! This time around I wanted to get in the Fall spirit so we made some festive lanterns and I also got in on some pumpkin chocolate latte!



It was another fun time and I was super glad to see a lot of library came out to support me! Michelle and Anthony also came out and made some fantastic lanterns. Tim also really got into it and is really proud of his under the sea themed lantern.



Towards the end of the night there were a batch of new people discovering craft night! I always get excited meeting new people.

If you missed out on craft night and want to make a lantern of your own, here is how to do it!


Materials & Tools

  • Mason Jar
  • Mod Podge
  • Tissue paper 
  • Foam brush 
  • Candle (either tea light or votive) 



Instructions
  • Cut out pieces of tissue paper. Use what ever color scheme and go nuts! 
  • Add a base coat of mod podge 
  • Attach your tissue paper any way you would like
  • Once your jar is covered to how much you like, add another coat of mod podge
  • Once it dries, stick your candle in there and watch it an illuminated wonderland








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...