We are still in full swing of the month of the Doctor! The big shindig is days away! Are you excited?! Have you seen the clip recently released?
If you haven't noticed it features one of the Doctor's most popular accessories... the Fez! Whats more exciting is the two seconds we see Tennant wearing the FEZ! OMG! NERD-GASM! Needless to say it has gotten me quite excited for next Saturday. Speaking of Fezzes... would you like your own ? Perhaps to sport at your own Doctor Who shindig? Well, ALLONSY, let's make one!
Materials & Tools
- At least 3 pieces of red felt
- Yellow yarn
- Tape measurer
- Sewing machine and notions
- Ok first things first, how big is your noggin? Take your tape measurer and wrap it around your head and see what you come up with. My own head is about 20 inches. Add a 1/2 seam allowance!
- Since felt is cut short, divide your head measurement in half. Then determine how tall you want your fez to be. I made mine 8 inches. Add a 1/2 seam allowance!
- Now that you have you measurements, but your pieces! I cut two 10 X 8 inch pieces (dont forget, add 1/2 inch seam allowance!)
- Lay the cut pieces on top of one another, pin and sew along the edges determining the height of your fez. Congrats you made a tube!
- Push your tube out to make a circle and take your ruler and measure from edge to edge. This will be how big you will make the top of your hat. I made mine 6 inches. So measure it out and mark it on felt and cut it out.
- Pin the circle to the top of your hat. Sew!
- Pull inside out and your almost there! You hat needs tassel before it can be an official fez!
- Cut a long piece of yarn and some little tiny bits. Tie the tiny bits to the end of the long piece. This makes the tassels.
- Cut two little slits on the top of your hat and tie your tassel to it.
- Geronimo! You are ready to go!
Stay turned later this week for an announcement about my Doctor Who giveaway!