Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Snowed in


The past few weeks there has been a constant threat of impending doom by snow! I love having a snow day as much as the next person, however I have just had some unexpected time off so I've been looking forward to the return of my normal routine. The polar vortex and snow hasn't let that happen. So I've tried to put the time to good use and I've kept myself busy. Here is what I have been up to. 



My new favorite author is Rainbow Rowell. I awhile back I took out her latest novel, Fangirl. I was in the middle of reading it when some other books were made a higher priority. With those books done, I was able to finish up Fangirl. It's about, Cather and her first year at college. She struggles with her identity as she is becoming a grown up, but does that mean she has to give up her love of the magical Simon Snow novels? It was quite enjoyable and relatable! 

Tim wanted to host a Super Bowl party. I'm not really crazy about Football, but hey it was an excuse to hang out with my friends and eat a bunch of food. Tim came across this Football bingo and it was entertainment for us non-football fans. 


The game itself was terribly boring. However there were some entertaining commercials. I enjoyed the 80s nostalgia of the Radio Shack commercial. 

Also accomplished was a walk about the neighborhood. The previous snow storms have been accompanied with freezing cold temperatures! The February 3rd snow storm was a little warmer. Since we were going a bit stir crazy we decided to take a walk. Caitie doesn't live to far away so we set her apartment as our destination. While walking around I realized that even though snow is a real pain in the butt, it is so beautiful! It was also a good workout! 

Once we finally got to Caitie's we hung around and watched some Netflix. Kim made us delicious hot toddy's and we ended up watching Robot and Frank. It was a good movie about a retired cat burglar gets a robot helper. His love interest is a librarian and there was a storyline about how Frank is her only library patron and how they are going to modernize the library. At one point someone asked for the librarian and there was mention that it was an unrecognizable term.. I took issue with that. 


Of course aside from movie watching and binge reading, I've been hard at work in the craft room. I've made a few new zipper pouches and have even added some key chain wristlets to the shop! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...