Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Pointillism Vase


Iron Craft Challenge # 9 is 'Inspired by Art' So it got me thinking of some of my favorite art pieces. One of them is featured in Ferris Bueler's Day Off and Cameron has a serious stare down with a Surrat painting. Its one of my favorite scenes in movie history! 


This painting uses the pointillism technique so I used that as my jumping off point for this project. It involves using a series of dots of varying colors to create a pattern in which an image emerges. Since I wasn't setting out to make a grand masterpiece I applied the idea to a small scale project, a small vase. I used an ampersand design (&) because they are just so neat and visually interesting. After my little vase was done I put some rocks in it and suck a candle in there. 

Here is how you can make one yourself: 

Materials & Tools
  • Glass jar or vase 
  • Contact Paper Stencil 
  • Q-tips 
  • Paint (varying colors)


Instructions: 

  1. Clean your jar/vase with some glass cleaner and dry it to remove any dust. 
  2. Apply your stencil to the jar/vase and press out the air bubbles as best you can.
  3. Take a q-tip and dip it in some paint and start dabbing your jar/vase over the stencil. Continue this step with different colors, until you like your color combination. 
  4. Allow to dry for at least 20 minutes. 
  5. Gently peel off stencil to reveal your wonderful design! 







2 comments:

  1. This is great! And a perfect way to use the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...