Sunday, January 29, 2012

Good-bye in a bag


This is a picture of me and two of my best friends, Caitie and Kim. I was sad to hear that Caitie was going to move and finish her masters degree in New Paltz. Shortly after Kim announced she was leaving... for Africa. (like the Lion King, safari Africa). As much as I am missing these ladies I am really proud of them both.

I wanted to send them off with something that was practical. So I came up with the idea of making them a laundry bag. It is pretty much a giant drawstring bag so if you want to make one follow my tutorial and increase the size. I made mine with a yard of fabric. It makes a great gift for anyone that is going away to college or in their first apartment. I stuck a few little trinkets in the bags and they loved it.

I was originally just going to do a color fabric, but I came across these trees at the store and they reminded me of Caitie because her engagement ring resembles a tree branch (and its really pretty, but I digress.) The other fabric is a print and matched the tree fabric nicely. For the drawstring I was able to buy a nice rope chord at Joann's fabrics. I doubled the side of the bag and it worked out nicely.

It's been a few weeks with out the ladies but so far they are doing well. Caitie is teaching a class as well as finishing her Masters Degree and watching massive amounts of Doctor Who with her roomie, Lindsey.

Meanwhile is Kim on the other side of the world fighting off baboons and obscenely large insects. Not really sure if she'll will be able to use it for actually laundry there but I am sure it can come in handy trapping some ferocious scorpions. You can read about her adventures here.

Right now I have a few projects which will be blogged about shortly. I am still trying to find the right balance as far as managing my time. I love doing this stuff but it is A LOT of work. Anywhos... so long for now!

Sarina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...