Sunday, October 14, 2012

Social Sunday Part 4: Book Talkin'

Its another Social Sunday, check out Ashley's Carnival Ride and A Complete Waste of Make-up to join the link up!

Sunday Social

1. What is something you have wanted to do but are afraid of?
Let me just give you a heads up, I am a Children's librarian and as a result most of what I read are kids books so this is Children's literature heavy but they are still some good reads.

1. Favorite childhood book?
I was never much of a read when I was a child, ironic considering what field I ended up in. However I do remember loving Charolette's Web. And I remember bawling at the end!
2 . Favorite Book lately



Right now I am reading the Secrets of the Fortune Wookie, the third installment in the Strange Case of Origami Yoda series. Tom Angleberger's tale consists of 'case files' about a strange kid who helps his peers navigate through middle school with his all knowing and wise Origami Yoda. He really captures life as both a middle schooler and a Star Wars fan.
3. Book you wish you could live in?
With out a doubt I would love to live in the magical world of Harry Potter. Who wouldn't want to shop in Diagon Alley, grab a pint at the Three Broom Sticks all the while doing awesome ass magic because you are a witch or wizard? (unless you are unfortunate enough to be a squib)
The closest thing to reality is the Harry Potter theme park in Orlando. I am excited to make a return trip next February!


4. If you could be any character from a book who would it be and why?




Ramona Flowers from Scott Pilgrim. Technically was was her a few Halloweens ago. I love how she enters Scott's live through his dreams, not because its destiny or that they are meant to be together. No its because there is a convient subspace shortcut in Scott's subconscience. He is a total bad ass and I love no matter how mysterious she is, like any human she still feels pain and loss. I highly recommend this series, its one of my all time favs.
5. Favorite Book turned Movie?






You know the saying, "the book was better" ? This was not the case with Coraline. I did love the book, but the movie added so much depth to it (no pun intended for the 3D movie) The characters were more flushed out and silly little quirks were added. I really loved Mr. Boebinski and his circus moushckas! I was also excited when the Other father sang a long to Coraline and he sounded an awful lot like John Linell from They Might Be Giants.Tim also really loves this movie and he is still campaigning the name Coraline for a future daughter.



6. Favorite Magazines?


Tim gets Food Network so I always browse through that but I enjoy the free idea magazines from Lowes and Home Depot. There are some good ideas and tips in there, even if they are just really trying to sell you crap.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...