I had yet another craft night. This time around we made bottle cap magnets! I thought it was perfect because Callie at Crazy Beans has been working up quite the collection of bottle caps from all of the brews they serve. It was a great turn out and here are some pictures of the wonderful magnets that everyone had made.
|Laura always makes something Manatee themed!|
|Some of the supplies you will need|
If you would like to make your own Bottle Cap magnets here is how to do it!
Materials & Tools:
- Bottle Caps (save them up!)
- Old Magazines, comics or images (for the image in the magnet)
- 1 inch hole punch
- Clear bottle cap coating
- Circle Magnets
- Figure out what you want your magnet to be. You can use an old picture, draw some small pictures or old comics. They just have to able to fit into a 1 inch circle. I used my hole punch and made some templates to figure out what would work best.
- Once you have your images picked out, dab a little bit of white glue in the cap, then place the image in there. Let it sit and dry for a few minutes.
- Peel off a clear coating circle and place it in your magnet (on top of the image) The coating has an adheasive so it should stick in there. If not a little dab of modge podge will do the trick. Let it sit for another few minutes to let it dry.
- Flip the bottle cap over and glue a magnet to the back. Let it sit and dry.
- Place that sucker on the fridge and enjoy!