So last night was another super fabulous craft night at Crazy Beans!!!! This time around we made washer bracelets. It was a great night of crafts as well as music because it was also vynil night. Here is how it went!
It was an interesting crowd, because there were a few people there for crafts a few for the music and some for both. The vynil night worked out because Tim usually misses it and he was not super excited to make bracelets, he thought they were too girlie. However lots of guys got into it! My friend Noah was determined to make some serious braided bracelets. Billy (the cook) was excited to make one and he said he was going to impress me with his skills. He credits summer camp for his expert bracelet making talent.
I was excited to see all my lady friends come out. Caitie came for the first time! She's always at school when it happens so I was glad she was able to come out. I also saw some of my regular craft folk and some new ones. It was lots of fun and I love doing craft nights!
If you would like to make your own snazzy braceletes here is how we made ours!
Materials & Tools
- Cord (a few different colors)
- Measure your wrist. If you want to do some serious braiding cut a 3x the size of your wrist.
- Cut your pieces of cord.
- Fold cord in half, then feed the loop through the center of the washer and pull the ends of the cord through the loop and pull
- Repeat on the other side of the washer
- If you want to get fancy start doing some braiding!
- Measure where your want your closure to be
- Tie a not on one end and attach the crimp
- On the other end make a loop (this will attach to the hook on the crimp, and this is how you can take the bracelet on and off)
- TA DA! you have a fab new bracelet!