Sunday, July 7, 2013

July is here...

It's official, Summer is here! So far its been crazy busy and this past week is no exception. Here is what I've been up to.... 

July 3rd was my niece's birthday! I can't believe she's already two years old. I was trying to figure out her gift. This kid has tons of toys and clothes so I wanted to get her something that was a little different. I came across this on pinterest and it looked so cool! Theres something about a tent that kids love for some reason. I used to transform my living room into a pillow fort frequently. Perhaps its the idea that its there own secret area. I enlisted the help of Tim (because he doesn't trust my clumsy hands with power tools) and we built the frame and used a twin sheet to cover the tent. I also made her a cute little card with some help from the old silhouette beauty. 


This week was the big 'merica holiday, Independence day. I did a fair amount of celebrating. I met up with my Mom at her friend's party and saw a truly epic fireworks show set to the music of War Hammer and ate lots of good food. For the actual holiday we hadn't made plans and were not sure what to do. I have had day off? I was flabbergasted, what to do with myself? Luckily my friend Laura invited us to the lake by her house. I was a little skeptical because growing up, Lake Panamoka had a pretty notorious reputation. However the lake it self was beautiful and we had a great time. We took Laura's canoe out and went around the lake. Joe even got some time basking in the sun.



Later in the day I had to break out my Dad's Willie Nelson shirt. For as long as I can remember my Dad always wore this shirt on 4th of July. When he moved to Florida and he was clearing out the closet he gave it to me. Even though it might smell like 1983 and he has a few mustard stains on it, I've kept up the tradition.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...