Life has been a blur lately. I got caught up in Christmas craziness, got sick and there some other crazy stuff going on in life. As a result I forgot to post this about my latest craft night!
In the holiday spirit, we made Christmas ornaments!!! They were simple to make and did require that many materials. I cut out some shapes from old cereal boxes and added some mod podge and some Christmas themed scrapbook paper.
I was glad to see all the folks who came out. Some fabulous ornaments were made and it was all in all a fun time.
Even though it is a bit past Christmas, here is how you can make your own ornaments! After all it's only 12 months till next Christmas.
Materials & Tools
- Cardboard (cereal boxes work great!)
- Christmas themed scrapbooking paper
- Mod Podge
- Foam brushes
- Hole puncher
- Determine the size and shape of your ornament. I used Picmonkey.com to find some really nice shapes and I formatted them to the size I wanted.
- Trace your shapes on cardboard and cut them out
- Go through all of you christmasy paper and figure out what you would like to put on your ornament. Be sure to make them double sided for twice the Christmas magic!
- Once your design is figured out begin putting them together with Mod Podge. I recommend doing this step in layers alternated between mod podge and paper.
- After your ornament is assembled, use your hole puncher to make a hole towards the top of your ornament
- Take some ribbon and tie it around your ornament. Place that baby on the tree!