Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 a year of Change


Wow, that went by fast... good-bye 2013. Last year, like every year, brought about so much promise and felt fresh. I was just getting comfy when - BAM! new year!



Last year I proclaimed that 2013 would be the year of DO! I'm proud to say I have lived up to and have done a lot. Here are some of my proudest moments from 2013


Last year when I discovered a cute little coffee shop around the corner from my house, I asked the owner, Callie if she’d consider having a Craft Night there. I have been doing it once a month ever since. Its a lot of fun and it's an excuse to get creative with my friends. I hope to carry craft nights into the New Year for as long as I can.


This past year I also did something I never thought I would do, I ran a 5k! It wasn’t just any 5k though, it was a Zombie Race. It was so much fun and I’m glad my lazy butt did something that physical.



Around July Scholastic put out a challenge to libraries around the country to send in an essay explaining what their ultimate Harry Potter event would be. I teamed up with the Teen librarian, Erin. We wrote an essay that was so awesome that we were one of 15 libraries to win the top prize! We had a grand old party and it was so much fun. This was one of my proudest moments of the year.

Now that 2013 is over I have some pretty exciting things ahead of me in 2014! This year's mantra is Change! There will be lots of changes in 2014.


Last year I grew the blog a bit, so this year's efforts are all about my little Etsy shop. The shop is doing ok but it needs some more TLC.


I was saving this old jar and decided to start documenting the year. I slapped some chalkboard paper on there (so that it can be re-used each year) and wrote 2014 on it. Every time something special happens we write it down and add it to the jar. Then next New Year's Eve, we'll read through all of the accomplishments of the year.

Stick around and you'll be witness to all of the crazy things that 2014 will bring. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year. Sounds like you had a lot of fun in 2013. Much success and happiness in 2014!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...