Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sunday Snapshots

I have been taking a lot of pictures lately, I felt like I should share with you my week in pictures......

 
Last week Comedy Central premeired  Chris Hardwick's Standup special, Mandroid. Tim and I were lucky enough to score tickets back in February of last year. It was quite hilarious and I suggest you check it out. 

Also last week I did an Owl themed storytime. I needed some owl finger puppets to go along with it. 

My hair was getting pretty long. I was sporting a serious duck tail! I finally went to Bella Filia and got my hair chopped off. I feel like its shortest its ever been and I was a bit nervous as she was cutting. I always get nervous, but it always comes out great. 

My friend Laura has been wanting to learn how to sew for a while. She mentioned that she wanted to take her Mom's old concert T-shirts (mostly Bruce Springstein) and turn them into a quilt. So we met up and I helped her create a game plan! Glad to say the quilt is in progress and should be ready for her Mom as a Christmas present. 

Thanksgiving is in a few days. I am so excited to be not only hosting my first family holiday, but also having my Dad here! I have been preparing and decorating a bit. This subway art was on pinterest and I printed out a copy and it looks pretty fancy on my little mantle area. Here is the post if you would like to make one yourself! 

Last week we hung out one night at my friend Tyler's. I have been friends with him since Kindergarten and we were even in a band together durring High School. We were called the Helicopters, he sang/played guitar while I played drums. It was a lot of fun and while I traded my drums in for a sewing machine, Tyler is still playing music. This was taken in his basement as a bunch of us were just randomly jamming with his stuff. 

I had gotten this Star Wars wrapping paper from Louisa. While I was at their house I needed some wrapping paper to wrap a  present. Louisa has a box of wrapping stuff and this stuff was in there, unopened! She said I could keep it and I have been hanging on to it ever since. Its been a couple of years and I am in a moral dilema. I got my first Whimsey Box last week, in it were materials to make coasters. I am thinking about using the wrapping paper for it, but do I really want to open up the sacred wrapping paper?! I don't know! If you have any thoughts, please feel free to comment. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...