Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Candy Corn bottles



With October in full swing I have been doing more and more decorating each day. I added some flair to our front yard complete with cornstalks! I'm quite proud of myself and how it is coming together.



I've also been doing a lot of indoor stuff and one such project is turning old wine bottles into something spooky. Here is how I've made some candy corn bottles!



Materials & Tools

  • Recycled glass bottles 
  • Spray Paint in these colors: 
    • white
    • Orange
    • Yellow
  • Painters tape  


Instructions

  • Remove the labels from the wine bottles. You can check out in detail how I did that for my potion bottle tutorial
  • Once the label has been removed and the bottle is dry, you are ready to spray paint! Make sure you are either outside or in a well ventilated area. I use a dust mask while painting. 
  • For the first coat, paint the entire bottle white. Then allow to dry and remove the tape.
  • 1/3 of the way down tape up the bottle and get ready for your second coat. To prevent your next color from bleeding over take a piece of newspaper and wrap it around the bottle. Spray paint yellow and allow to dry and remove tape.
Painter's tape fail
  • I've learned that my painters tape is super duper strong and ripped up the paint. So for the last coat I wrapped some newspaper around it while I spray painted. 
  • Now you are ready for some 'corny' halloween fun! 

If you like this craft then check out some of my other Halloween Tutorials! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...