With October in full swing I have been doing more and more decorating each day. I added some flair to our front yard complete with cornstalks! I'm quite proud of myself and how it is coming together.
I've also been doing a lot of indoor stuff and one such project is turning old wine bottles into something spooky. Here is how I've made some candy corn bottles!
Materials & Tools
- Recycled glass bottles
- Spray Paint in these colors:
- Painters tape
- Remove the labels from the wine bottles. You can check out in detail how I did that for my potion bottle tutorial
- Once the label has been removed and the bottle is dry, you are ready to spray paint! Make sure you are either outside or in a well ventilated area. I use a dust mask while painting.
- For the first coat, paint the entire bottle white. Then allow to dry and remove the tape.
- 1/3 of the way down tape up the bottle and get ready for your second coat. To prevent your next color from bleeding over take a piece of newspaper and wrap it around the bottle. Spray paint yellow and allow to dry and remove tape.
|Painter's tape fail|
- I've learned that my painters tape is super duper strong and ripped up the paint. So for the last coat I wrapped some newspaper around it while I spray painted.
- Now you are ready for some 'corny' halloween fun!
If you like this craft then check out some of my other Halloween Tutorials!