Thursday, October 17, 2013

Spooky Ghost Mirror

Here we are again with another Halloween tutorial. While on a regular visit to the dollar store (one of my favorite spots for craft supplies) I spotted a small mirror by the picture frames. I thought I could do something fun with it so I grabbed it. I thought of making a spectral being or writing a spooky warning on it! So I set out on my mirror adventure!

I used my old friends, frosted glass spray and contact paper. I created a design and made a stencil out of contact paper and cut it out. After placing it on the mirror I sprayed it with a coat of frosted glass. After it tried I took up the contact paper to reveal my ghost! Here is a step by step tutorial so you can make your own scary ghost!



Materials & Tools

  • Mirror (I found mine at the Dollar Tree) 
  • Contactpaper 
  • Pen
  • Exacto Knife
  • Frosted Glass Spray 

Instructions 


  • First come up with a design! I went with a Halloween theme, however you can use the same technique to make just about anything. Once you have a design you like, draw it on the back of your contact paper. Be aware that the image must be flipped, otherwise you'll end up with it not looking like you planned. 
  • Once your desk is done, you can use an Exacto knife to cut it out.
  • Clean your mirror before the contact paper is applied.
  • Peel the contact paper pieces and place them on the mirror. Make sure all the air bubbles are pushed out
  • If their are any inside bits place them in the right places. Inside bits are things like the ghosts eyes and his mouth. 
  • Take your mirror outside or in a well ventilated area. Spray it with the frosted glass spray and allow to dry
    • TIP: don't spray too close. The contact paper will crinkle. Also you don't need to spray a lot. It might not seem like  you didn't spray enough, but the frost effect takes a few minutes before you can see it. So be patient! 
  • You must give it a good amount of time to dry other wise the frost will come up! 
  • After it is dry you can peel the contact paper off to reveal your ghost- BOO! 

If you like this one, then check out some of my other Halloween tutorials!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...